While you get a break from mowing this time of year, there are things that will help ensure your turf and your property will stay in tip-top condition:
- Avoid excessive traffic on the lawn during the harsher winter months.
- Remove leaves, pine straw and debris from your lawn so that it can get the most from applications and receive the sunlight and moisture that it needs to thrive.
- Because winter is usually a rainy season in our area, it’s a great time to check to see if you have any drainage issues that need to be solved.
- Be on the lookout for opportunistic weeds that thrive in the winter. If you see them, call us and we’ll come out and re-treat.
- Examine the trees and shrubs in your yard periodically for problems. Issues are easiest to solve before they get too far along. Looking ahead, February is a good time to begin pruning.